We Stand Together.
We recognize that we all have a duty to dismantle racism, create change, and help carry this weight. We stand in solidarity with the Black community not only through words, but through our actions. We understand that the movement at hand requires more than this short list of action items, however, we are committed to continuing conversations and growing this list as we tackle the much-needed change in our society.
- Salpy will be donating 10% of our online proceeds to NAACP to help promote a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
- We will enroll our leadership team in courses focused on understanding privilege, systemic racism and improving cultural inclusion.
- When producing content for our brand, we pledge to seek diversity among models, makeup artists, photographers, stylists and every person who contributes.
- We will continue to enforce a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination within our offices and factory.
- We are committed to creating a safe environment for honest conversations about race, police brutality, how we can support each other and how we can effectively dissolve chronic racism.
- We will use our platform to speak up and share resources for our community, including supporting and amplifying the voices of the Black community by promoting Black activists, artists and entrepreneurs.
As we continue to learn, we ask that our community also take the time to listen, learn and act alongside us. Here are some organizations we have found to be rich with resources and feasible steps we can all take today to start working towards change:
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) mission is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
Loveland Foundation is committed to showing up for communities of color in unique and powerful ways, with a particular focus on Black women and girls. Our resources and initiatives are collaborative and they prioritize opportunity, access, validation, and healing. We are becoming the ones we’ve been waiting for.
Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.
Legal Defense Fund
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. is America’s premier legal organization fighting for racial justice. Through litigation, advocacy, and public education, LDF seeks structural changes to expand democracy, eliminate disparities, and achieve racial justice in a society that fulfills the promise of equality for all Americans.
Campaign Zero supports the analysis of policing practices across the country, research to identify effective solutions to end police violence, technical assistance to organizers leading police accountability campaigns and the development of model legislation and advocacy to end police violence nationwide.
The Equal Justice Initiative is committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the United States, to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society.
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by 1.7 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more humane and less hostile world for Black people in America.
As always, we welcome your feedback. If you have suggestions on anything we can do to aid in the cause of eradicating racism and further promoting justice and peace, please let us know.
The Team at SalpyClick Here to Learn More About NAACP.